The weather has turned cold and after the last half term we are now on the countdown to Christmas which means there are lots of winter school runs to do before we can wear our sun hats again!
I seem to feel the cold more than my kids – I have to remind them to put on a coat where I am wearing my coat, earmuffs and gloves, so I’ve put together my top 5 essentials for the winter school run so we all stay dry, happy and warm.
1. A woolly hat. My son tends to wear baseball caps in the summer but for winter I have found a cosy warm bobble hat. If it has a trendy design then he’s happy to wear it – I always have my hat on in the winter!
2. An umbrella. Don’t you find that it always seems to rain when you are on the morning or afternoon school run?! I don’t know why this happens but when rain is forecast, it always seems to come at 3pm! To keep your children dry, choose one of these kids umbrellas– if they choose the style themselves, they will want to use it rather than it being a battle-of-wills between mum and child!
3. Warm boots. This is more for me than the kids as they have to wear black regulation school shoes, but I usually have my fur lined boots on during the school run. For parents collecting kids there is a lot of standing around in the cold so boots are essential!
4. A bodywarmer. Sometimes when my son sees that the sun is out – even when it is cold, he doesn’t want to wear his school coat. So this is when I pull out the body warmer! It keeps him warm, even though his arms are out but as long as he has his school jumper on, I’m happy to compromise!
5. Gloves. These are items that kids don’t seem to ask for on a morning but appreciate when they are there during playtime. I always put a glove in each coat pocket so my son can find them when he is playing outside and needs to stay warm.
Now is a great time to stock up on winter essentials with so many sales on. A new website called Woznow brings all the sales into one place, so you can easily find some warm winter clothing or cosy accessories!
What are your winter school run essentials? Do you have anything to add to my list? Let me know in the comments!
This is a collaborative post.