I made this delicious home-made baked dessert last week and it was so tasty, you wouldn’t think it was a Slimming World cheesecake, would you?!
I have such a sweet tooth and have to be able to knock up a slimming pud when the mood strikes. This one however needs a little pre-planning as some of it needs chilling overnight so in this case I was thinking ahead.
If you want to make this for yourself, here’s what you will need:
Low calorie cooking spray
75g Plain Flour
40g Low Fat Spread
1 Level TBSP Silver Spoon Half Sugar
Large pinch of cinammon
1 egg, beaten
225g Bramley cooking apples
1 TBSP water
175g pot Mullerlight toffee yogurt
28g soft light brown sugar
1/4 TSP cinammon
2 TSP Mullerlight Toffee yogurt
Few drops vanilla essence
Artificial sweetener, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees / Gas 6 and grease and line the cake tin with low calorie cooking spray. I used a loaf tin.
2. Make the base by sieving the flour into a mixing bowl. Rub the margarine into the flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and cinammon.
3. Add the beaten egg, mix well and pour into the cake tin.
4. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
5. Reduce cooker heat to 190 degrees / Gas 5.
6. For the filling, peel, core and chop the Bramley apples. Cover and cook in a saucepan with 1 TBSP water over a low heat for about 5-7 minutes until very soft. Remove from the heat and beat into a puree. In a separate bowl beat the quark, yogurt, brown sugar, cinnamon and eggs together in a bowl and stir in the apple mixture. Pour over the cooked base and put into the oven for 30 minutes until the mixture is set and firm to touch. Allow to cool completely then chill overnight in the fridge.
The next day…
7. For the topping, drain any liquid from the quark and put in a bowl with the yogurt and vanilla essence. Mix well and sweeten with artificial sweetener if desired. Spoon the mixture into a piping bag with a large star nozzle.
8. Pipe the topping onto the cheesecake. (I used my Pampered Chef Easy Accent Decorator instead of a piping bag! It gives a better result.)
This recipe serves 8 decent sized portions and is just 3 Syn per portion. I have adapted the Slimming World recipe a bit (their cheesecake serves 12 for a start!) but I can’t have teeny tiny slivers of cake, so this is my kind of serving!
When I served this dessert to friends, they all loved it and agreed that it tasted just like a ‘naughty’ full fat cheesecake so it is well worth the effort to prepare. If you like slimming puddings, I have showed how to prepare loads on this playlist. My whole YouTube channel is here.