Top Five Home Trends For 2015. When it comes to your home, don’t you wish you had a crystal ball? I mean, that flock wallpaper that seemed a great idea at the time now just looks old and dated, but it cost a fortune to buy and it seems like a waste to have to re-do!
However you style your home, there are some key trends for 2015 to consider, so that your next home related purchase will make your heart sing, not sink!
1. Jewel colours are huge at the moment and bring freshness to any room. I like pinks and bright green the best, but rich tones instantly reinvigorate any space.
2. 2015 has been designated the International Year of Light by the United Nations General Assembly so pay attention to your light fixtures at home. Spruce up existing lightshades with a little DIY or if you’re not feeling crafty then choose a new hanging pendant or wall mounted fixture to bring some new light and interest to your room.
3. Candles are both decorative and create an ambience, with the added benefit of making your home smell nice! Candle use has risen dramatically in recent years with the introduction of brands like Yankee Candle coming to our High Street, and you can choose traditional fragrances like lavender, rose or vanilla or opt for something new and unusual like honey spice, fluffy towels or amber moon!
4. Classic grey is hot right now! I am currently decorating my home office in this lovely colour using paint and wallpaper from Graham & Brown I will share the before and after photos on this blog so stay tuned!
Photo Credit: Graham & Brown
5. Don’t forget the outside. Consider adding a Fire Pit to your garden to enjoy the great outdoors all year round, and effectively extend your living space. Garden decor has vastly improved in recent years, no more tired looking gnomes! The best gardens in 2015 will be showcasing lounging areas outside.
For more ideas on creating peace at home, The Circle has written this feature
Disclosure: This is a featured post. You can read my Disclosure Policy here